-
December 14th, 2005, 10:04 AM
#61
Guest
Re: What is terrorism?
I ran across some interesting video yesterday, on the crying and dying line, we were talking about terrorism a couple of weeks ago, yesterday the military channel ran a story on Bull Halsey. All of which I was familar with, but the thing that suprised me was the reaction to the Doolittle raid. It was quite small, 15 planes best I can recall, but the Japanese murdered 250,000 Chinese civilians for helping the crews of 13 of these planes try to escape. That was one of the reasons that the world leaders of that time period held to an "unconditional surrender" as the only terms they would accept. Horror stories from Germany are retold quite often, but the Japs were as brutal and killed as many, but we seldom hear about it. The Rape of Nanking is one of the few books in the local libraries that tell the story the countries taken by Japan endured.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks